Have you walked through 7-11 looking for something to eat and just can’t seem to relate? Or rather, when was the last time you walked in. Like many cultural creatives, you’re looking for an alternative, something better, something like…
…maybe a Fresh ‘N’ Friends? So the name may be a little corny, but then again, it’d be a foreign language to its patrons (which is otherwise cool) because it’s located in Berlin, Germany. So what makes it different, creative, progressive… desirable?
- Just like the chain, it’s a convenience store open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. However, it’s the only one. It’s not a chain.
- It’s primarily health-conscious. That alone makes it entirely unique.
- Its menu of food items (salads, sandwiches, soups, smoothies) are freshly prepared each day in-house.
- 80% of their food is from ecologically-certified ‘bio enterprises’, from locally-produced farms to organic to free-trade.
- How often do you find outdoor dining in front of a convenience store, much less want to?